Request for Expression of Interest For
Consulting Services for the System Development of PSHS Project Monitoring System (Enterprise Resource Planning System) with Identification Number PB2022-02
- The PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL SYSTEM - OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (PSHSS-OED), through the FY 2022 National Expenditure Program (NEP), intends to apply the sum of SEVEN MILLION and 00/100 PESOS (PhP 7,000,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) as payment under the contract for Consulting Services for the System Development of PSHS Project Monitoring System (Enterprise Resource Planning System) - Rebidding.
- Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at opening of financial proposals.
- The PSHS System - Office of the Executive Director now calls for the submission of eligibility requirements for the conduct of the services of a Consultant for System Development of PSHS Project Monitoring System (Enterprise Resource Planning System).
- Eligibility documents of interested consultants must be duly received by the PSHSS-OED Bids and Awards Committee for Consulting Services at the address below, on or before December 7, 2021.
ROD ALLAN A. DE LARA
Deputy Executive Director
and, PSHSS-OED BAC Chairman
Philippine Science High School System
Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
- Interested bidders may download free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and at the website of the Procuring Entity, a copy of the Bidding Documents starting 29 November 2021.
- Pursuant to government procurement rules, only shortlisted bidders are required to pay the non-refundable fee of Seven Thousand Pesos (Php 7,000.00) to receive a complete set of Bidding Documents which may be obtained at the address given above from Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. starting 29 November 2021.
- With reference to section 24 of R.A. 9184, for eligibility checking purposes, interested consultants are required to submit the following documents at the PSHS System - Office of the Executive Director, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City, on or before 10:00 A.M., December 7, 2021:
- Registration certificate from SEC, DTI for sole proprietorship, or CDA for cooperatives;
- Mayor’s/ Business permit issued by the city or municipality where the principal place of business of the prospective bidder is located, or equivalent document for Exclusive Economic Zones or Areas;
- Tax Clearance per E.O. 398 s. 2005 as finally reviewed and approved by the BIR;
- Statement of the prospective bidder of all its on-going and completed government and private contracts, including contracts awarded but not yet started, if any;
- Statement of the consultant specifying its nationality and confirming that those who will actually perform the service are registered professionals authorized by the appropriate regulatory body to practice those professions and allied professions, including their respective curriculum vitae;
- The consultant’s audited financial statements, showing among others, the consultant’s total and current assets and liabilities, stamped “received” by the BIR or its duly accredited and authorized institutions, for the preceding calendar year which should not be earlier than two (2) years from the date of bid submission; and
- The principal consultant’s Curriculum Vitae.
- In addition to the Eligibility Criteria specified above, the consulting firm is expected to possess the following qualifications/ eligibility:
- A Filipino citizen;
- Preferably a project leader has a Bachelor’s Degree in Information System, Computer Science, Information Technology, and related others;
- With relevant professional certification and right of practice of profession in the Philippines;
- With at least 5 years of technical experience in IT/ IS System Development and Planning, and Project Execution;
- Currently occupying or had experienced occupying a Senior Level IS/ IT position, or similar/ related position in a medium-sized organization, preferably in an educational institution;
- Has handled a similar project in the past.
Eligibility checking will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “Pass / Fail” criterion as specified in the IRR of R.A. 9184.
- The PSHSS-OED BAC shall draw up the shortlist of not more than three (3) consultants from those who have submitted Expression of Interest, including the eligibility documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act (R.A.) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) using the following criteria and rating system recommended by the GPPB Manual for the procurement of Consultancy Services:
- Applicable Experience of the Principal Consultant/ firm (50%)
- Educational and Training Qualifications of the Principal Consultant (20%)
- Capacity relative to current workload (10%)
- Fitness of the Principal Consultant/ Firm’s expertise to the project, based on experience (10%)
- Background Check and References from Clients (10%)
Prospective consultants must reach a minimum rating of 60% to be shortlisted.
- Submission of Expression of Interest is restricted to Filipino citizens/ sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
- The Procuring Entity shall evaluate bids using the Quality Cost Based Evaluation (QCBE) procedure. Only bids whose technical proposals pass the minimum technical evaluation score of Sixty (60%) shall have their financial proposals opened and evaluated, and finally, invited for Negotiation.
Evaluation and Selection Criteria (Rating Scheme)
Quality Cost Based Evaluation/Selection shall be used in the evaluation of bids wherein the Technical and Financial Scores are combined to determine the winner. ABC is stated and Financial Proposal above this amount are rejected, no ABC or cost estimate is included in the Bidding Documents except for an estimate of the staff months required to complete the Project.
The weights of the Technical and Financial score is 80% Technical and 20% Financial.
Technical Scores (80%)
Quality of Personnel (20%)
- Suitability of Staff, General Qualifications and Competence
- Education and Training of Key Staff
Experience and Capability of the Consulting Firm (30%)
- Records of previous engagements, similarity / relevance to the project
Plan of Approach and Methodology (20%)
- Methodology clearly indicates concrete steps, procedure, and processes for each phase
- Software engineering / Solutions Architectural principles adhere to principles of efficiency
- Clearly identified issues that arise from the project and provides a workable solution
- Integrates proposed solution to the procedures
- Submit at least 2 deployment plans: At least 1 deployment plan previously conducted within the last 5 years; Proposed deployment plan.
Deployment Plan should list, in detail, the following:
- All the steps needed to deploy the information systems to be developed
- The information required from the client
- Activities per step (ex: registration of cloud hosting, customizing the look, testing the solutions, etc.)
- Measurable outputs per step (ex: link to the information systems after deployment, bandwidth analytics at end of month, etc.)
Proposed Sustainability Plan (10%)
Identify which resources will be transferred to PSHS when the service ends. Example, but not limited to:
- Software (administrator credentials)
- Hosting (cloud and database administrator credentials)
Identify which trainings will be conducted for future administrators.
- Software Configuration and Updates
- Database Configuration
- Hosting Configuration
- The PSHSS-OED reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of R.A. 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected participating Consultant/s.
- The project shall be implemented within a period of Eight (8) months.
- PSHS-OED Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) shall be adopting “Online Mode of Procurement”.
- For further information, please refer to:
EDMUND A. COLLADO / WILSON G. ZAMORAS
Philippine Science High School System - Office of the Executive Director
Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Telephone No.: (02) 8939 7747 (local 204, 205)
The conduct of procurement activity may be viewed/ observed on the following dates/ URL:
|Procurement Stage||Date / Time / Venue|
|Posting Period||November 29, 2021|
|Eligibility Check and Shortlisting||December 7, 2021, 10:00 A.M.
|Pre Bid Conference||December 10, 2021, 10:00 A.M.
|Submission of Bid||December 22, 2021, 10:00 A.M.
|Notification of Negotiation||December 23, 2021, 10:00 A.M.|
|Negotiation||December 24, 2021, 10:00 A.M.
|Bid Evaluation||December 27, 2021|
|Post-Qualification||December 28, 2021|
(Sgd.) DR. ROD ALLAN A. DE LARA
Bids and Awards Committee
Accompanying documents for the bidding process