CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
A grade 6 elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply for the PSHS National Competitive Examination (NCE).
He / She must:
- have a final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics, evidenced by the student's report card. If the student's grades in Science or Math are below 85%, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the batch;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending or approved application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- not be more than 15 years old by June 30, 2020;
- have at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her report card (SY 2019 - 2020);
- not have taken the PSHS NCE previously; and
- preferably, be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program.
- Fully accomplished Application Form in two (2) copies
- Two (2) identical recent 1x1 ID pictures
- Non-refundable processing fee (for private school students — Php 300, for public school students and indigent students from private schools — Free)
- Certified true copy of report card (SY 2019 - 2020) by the class adviser / principal
- If the final grades in Science or Math are below 85%, certification or proof that the child belongs to the upper 10% of the batch
- Please submit a certification from the private school, if the pupil-applicant is on full scholarship
For online payment of examination fee, follow the Landbank Linkbiz Portal payment guide.
NCE Online Application website: nce.pshs.edu.ph
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION, CRITERIA AND EVALUATION (RACE)
This new system is adopted to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among thousands of examinees who gather in testing sites across the country.
The selection procedure shall be conducted in two stages. The first stage is by determining the applicant's predicted NCE grade (PNG) which is based on final grades in Science and Mathematics in Grade 5.
The second stage is based on writing skills through a submission of essay and the applicant's academic rank at the end of Grade 5.
Applicants will be ranked from highest to lowest based on their Final Score.
The top 240 applicants are considered as the Principal Qualifiers of the PSHS Main Campus (MC).
The top 90 or 120, depending on the quota of the PSHS campus, candidates in the regional ranking are the Principal Qualifiers of the Regional Campus.
- Free tuition fee
- Free loan of textbooks
- Monthly stipend
- Uniform, transportation and living allowances for low income groups
- Dormitory accommodation (if applicable)
** The deadline for filing of application for applicants from Private School is on December 11, 2020.
** The deadline for filing of application for applicants from Public School is on December 18, 2020.