- What is Philippine Science High School?
Philippine Science High School or PSHS offers Grades 7-12 education, under the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). The PSHS offers a world-class curriculum specializing in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
- Where do I find a PSHS campus?
There are 16 PSHS campuses around the country, namely:
Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel. Nos.: (02) 924 0614 / 929 1606
Brgy. Poblacion East, San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur
Tel. No.: (077) 674 1454
Brgy. Masoc, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya
Tel. No.: (078) 392 1209
Mobile Nos.: 0906 566 4240 / 0955 365 0343 / 0926 243 5155
Purok 12, Lime Kiln, Irisan, Baguio City, 2600
Mobile Nos.: 0920 957 6435 / 0920 957 6436 / 0949 880 4115
Lily Hill St., Clark Freeport Zone, Angeles City, Pampanga
Tel. Nos.: (045) 499 0136 loc. 103 / 499 5597
Mobile Nos.: 0942 266 0139 / 0955 551 7783
Brgy. Sampaga, Batangas City
Tel. No.: (043) 724 6199
Mobile No.: 0917 654 8089
Romblon Convention Center, Brgy. Rizal, Odiongan, Romblon
Mobile Nos.: 0927 886 6315 / 0939 817 2212
Tagongtong, Goa, Camarines Sur
Tel. No.: (054) 453 2048
Brgy. Bito-on, Jaro District, Iloilo City
Tel. Nos.: (033) 329 5644 / 329 2011
Talaytay, Argao, Cebu
Tel. Nos.: (032) 513 6258 / 485 8920
Mobile No.: 0917 819 1755
Pawing, Palo, Leyte
Tel. Nos.: (053) 888 0366 / 888 0074
Nangka, Baloi, Lanao del Norte
Tel. No.: (063) 836 0098
Mobile Nos.: 0998 571 6805 / 0917 771 6652
Sto. Niño, Tugbok District, Mintal, Davao City
Tel. Nos.: (082) 293 0002 / 293 0004
Paraiso, Koronadal City, South Cotabato
Mobile Nos.: 0998 971 3481 / 0998 862 3518 / 0917 711 0279
Brgy. Tiniwisan, Ampayon, Butuan City
Tel. Nos.: (085) 817 0987
Dipolog Sports Complex, Brgy. Olingan, Dipolog City
Tel. Nos.: (065) 212 1616
Mobile No.: 0949 351 1833
- Is there a central office for all these 16 PSHS campuses? What are its functions?
Yes, the Office of the Executive Director (OED) is the central office of the 16 PSHS campuses where all plans, programs, and policies of the PSHS System are reviewed and then, presented to the Board of Trustees (BOT) for approval.
The BOT is the highest policy making body of the PSHS System, with the DOST Secretary as the Chairman.
The OED, headed by the Executive Director, coordinates the implementation of BOT approved policies and guidelines to the PSHS campuses.
- How can I apply for PSHS scholarship?
Every year, the PSHS conducts the National Competitive Examination (NCE), a one-time screening examination to determine the qualifiers for PSHS scholarship. The NCE is for incoming Grade 7 students only.
The NCE will be conducted on 20 October 2018.
- Who are qualified to take the NCE this year?
A grade 6 elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply for the PSHS National Competitive Examination (NCE).
He / She must:
- have a final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics, evidenced by the student's report card. If the student's grades in Science or Math are below 85%, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the class;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending or approved application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- be born on or after August 1, 2004;
- have at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her report card (SY 2017 - 2018);
- not have taken the PSHS NCE previously; and
- preferably, be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program.
- Where can I get a copy of the application form?
Application form can be downloaded from www.pshs.edu.ph. You may also visit the PSHS campus nearest you or any DOST/Provincial Science and Technology offices. Application form is free of charge.
- Can I choose which PSHS campus to apply to?
Yes. In the application form, the applicants will check the campus of their choice.
The Top 240 qualifiers in NCE will be invited to enroll at PSHS Main Campus.
If the applicant does not qualify in the Top 240 qualifiers, their application will be considered for ranking in the regional campus that they chose in their application form.
- Where can I submit the form?
You may submit the form to any PSHS campuses, and DOST / Provincial Science and Technology offices.
- Do I have to submit my application personally?
Not necessarily. Parents or guardians may submit the application to any PSHS campuses, and DOST / Provincial S&T offices. The application form and attached documents are evaluated immediately upon submission. If the application is approved, your parent / guardian may proceed with the payment.
- How much is the application fee?
The application is FREE for students coming from public schools. There is a fee of Php 100.00 for students from private schools. Payment is made upon submission of application, cash only.
- Where are the testing centers?
There is a testing center in almost every province in the Philippines. If there is no testing area in your province, there is a testing center in nearby provinces. Your testing center will be indicated in your exam permit.
- What are the allowances given to PSHS scholars?
Aside from the world-class education that PSHS provides, with no tuition fee, a PSHS scholar receives a monthly stipend of Php 500.00. In addition to this, living allowances are provided, see the table below for the classification of allowances, based on socio-economic status of a scholar. Scholars also avail of free loan of textbooks.
|(in Philippine Peso)||Full||Partial 1||Partial 2||Partial 3|
|Total Grant per Month||4,000.00||3,500.00||2,500.00||500.00|
- Are there dormitory services for PSHS scholars who live far from the campus?
Yes. There are residence halls in each campus where a PSHS scholar may stay, subject to availability of rooms / beds.